Hey friends! It’s Father’s Day and that means lots of cards and candy for dads. I’ve decided to do something a little special and make my sweet-toothed father some vegan key lime tarts. I’ll have to make sure he doesn’t devour all of them since he has a tendency of “can’t stop at one (some type of treat).”
Instead of making one huge key lime pie, I’m going to make mini tartlets in a muffin tin. I would say that the reason I’m doing this is portion control, but it’s really just because I don’t have a large baking pan. I need to buy one of those things…but if I did then what’s stopping me from launching my mouth into the pie tin? I guess I’m a bit like my dad in that way.
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 5 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw coconut butter (if can’t find coco butter then put unsweetened coconut flakes in food processor for 8-10 minutes until smooth)
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 tbsps maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- pinch of salt
- Grease muffin tins with coconut oil, so they don’t stick.
- Put raw pecans and dates into food processor. Process for 1-2 minutes until the mixture sticks together.
- Use your fingers to evenly press the crust mixture into the tins. Put tin in fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Add all of the filling ingredients into food processor until smooth.
- Once both parts are done, spoon the filling into the crust tins and smooth over with back of spoon. Then put into fridge overnight to set.
Enjoy your key lime tarts!