Hey friends! I’ve recently tried out this really easy to make, vegan treat. It’s been way too hot this past week and my air conditioner broke which is really not good at all. Not good at all. Good news is that after a few days of lying directly underneath my ceiling fan, a guy came in and fixed it.
So instead of making the house even hotter by baking in the oven, I’ve been really into these raw, no bake recipes. They have endless possibilities and are so easy even a small child can make them. Although I would never trust a small child with anything.
Lemon coconut truffles are refreshing and sweet. They sort of remind me of coconut-y key lime pie bites. Wow, I sound like a commercial or Giada de Laurentiis from Food Network describing a dish (which I can never eat because she puts cheese on everything).
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Steps to Make
- In a large mixing bowl, add in almond flour and coconut flakes
- Add in coconut oil and maple syrup (or honey)
- Zest lemon (without shaving off any skin because someone out there has) and add into bowl
- Add in lemon juice
- Use your bodily tools (your hands) to mix and roll mixture into tiny balls
- Roll the truffles into more coconut flakes
- Put into fridge for an hour before devouring